ClearScale LLC (headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA) - AWS Premier Consulting Partner has been offering a full range of professional cloud computing services for over 10 years, including architecture design, DevOps automation, refactoring and cloud-native applications development, integration, migration, solving all sorts of security issues (from just a security check to preventing cyber-attacks) and 24/7 technical support using the best advanced technologies.
The list of our customers is diverse: from government companies (ClearScale is an official cloud partner of the state of California) and educational institutions (University of California, San Francisco) to well-known global brands (IBM, Samsung, GoPro, HP, Conde Nast, Carl Zeiss, etc.) The number of satisfied customers has been well over 850, some of which can be found on the company's website in the Case Studies section.
- We were the third company to gain a new AWS competence - Applied AI and Machine Learning Operations (MLOps). BTW less than 15 partners have this competence!
- We have confirmed status in the Database Freedom program (total less than 20 companies in)
- Proven expertise as a Managed Services Provider (total less than 16 companies in). This means that ClearScale can perform a full cycle of work - from audits, system or software development to round-the-clock support (24/7). You can read more about this on the company's page - Managed Services.
Since the very foundation of the company, we work 100% remotely from various cities and countries. We work on a high trust basis within the company, therefore we do not monitor work being done via taking screen captures, webcams or log keyboard typing, as many other companies do. The professional reputation of our employees is of the highest value.
About the role
Due to the growing new needs in the company, we are looking for new QA engineer who like to find solutions to interesting problems and to participate in various AWS-hosted development projects.
Implementation will employ the stack based on Java/Spring. Application architecture will be designed using a variety of AWS services and SDKs.
About the project
The Customer is a venture-funded, fintech company that provides integrated credit score and personal finance solutions to over 125 Credit Unions and Banks. The Customer’s solution provides a free credit score, report, and daily monitoring. Its pre-qualification offer engine displays targeted financial offers from the financial service partner based on the user’s credit score. The number of customers has significantly grown since 2018.
ClearScale has previously developed a multi-tenant AWS cloud-native SaaS platform for The Customer to power credit score and personal finance solutions. ClearScale has also implemented an event-based data architecture to support several most important data-driven analytical reports. Now ClearScale has been asked to deliver the following:
+ DWH/BI audit and modernization plan: analyze the existing Microsoft SQL Server-based DWH, identify data consolidation flows, analytical queries, and aggregation tables/views, inspect existing integration with Spotfire BI tool, and develop a modernization plan to implement Amazon Redshift-based DWH
+ Data platform MVP: evolve existing event-based data architecture with new events and aggregate batch processing
+ BI integration MVP: integrate Redshift with Spotfire and QuickSight BI tools
+ Data export layer design and functional POC: describe and prototype architecture to enable 3rd party consumers API integration
- Design test process, prepare test plans and check-lists
- Manual and automated testing of web applications
- Compose and manage test reports
- Tight collaboration with in-house engineering team and US-based customer representatives
- At least 4 years as QA engineer in custom software development projects
- Experience working as QA engineer in a web application development projects, functional and UI testing
- Some background in test automation, applicable for web apps
- Good understanding of cross-browser testing (FireFox, Edge, Safari, Chrome), be familiar with test tools like BrowserStack
- Hands on experience with TestRail and Selenium
- Solid understanding of CI/CD paradigm
- English B2+ (there will be technical calls with US-based team)
Nice to have:
- Fundamental understanding of BDD and real hands-on experience with some unit tests framework like Cucumber
- Familiarity of HOCON (typesafe config)
- Hands on Java coding skills
What we offer
# 1 Fair wage
- Fixed hourly rate in US dollars for the time worked on projects (fluctuate ruble exchange rate is actually being a plus during the last few years)
- Full-time load, 40 hours per week. It’s your main place of work not a side job.
- Payments on a clear schedule every 2 weeks.
- Annual Hourly Rate Review - received appreciation from a client, passed a kewl AWS certificate, saved the world? We reward on the basis of facts, not a personal relation.
- Reference program - many engineers came to the team on the recommendation of their friends and former colleagues and we have a reward for this.
# 2 Independence
- from the location or office conditions because it is only your choice where exactly you want to work - from home, office, coworking space or outdoors in the forest with only one requirement - fast and stable internet. At the same time, our engineers do not work evenings or weekends because our focus is on the employee's local time.
- from annoying co-workers with their small talks - we are a community of professional engineers, no BS.
- from corruption and bureaucracy - we operate in an honest and competitive environment and are one of AWS's top 10 key partners.
# 3 Professional Development
- work with innovative Silicon Valley companies and traditional American companies at the cutting edge of digital transformation.
- we work with the newest technologies in the AWS cloud and open-source tools, Jira, Confluence, Lucidchart, Slack.
- Constant practice in writing and speaking English.
- A Russian-speaking technical team sharing their expertise.
- Paid AWS certification - provide training material, set of paid time and pay for examinations.
- Horizontal and vertical career growth - are you ready to be greater, faster, stronger? We keep growing and people keep growing with us.
Иногда письма на почте теряются, а сотрудники могут пропустить ваш звонок из-за совещания. Вы можете связаться с работодателем напрямую по указанным контактам, но мы рекомендуем еще отправить отклик на сайте