ClearScale (headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA) - AWS Premier Consulting Partner has been offering a full range of professional cloud computing services for over 10 years, including architecture design, DevOps automation, refactoring and cloud-native applications development, integration, migration, solving all sorts of security issues (from just a security check to preventing cyber-attacks) and 24/7 technical support using the best advanced technologies.
The list of our customers is diverse: from government companies (ClearScale is an official cloud partner of the State of California) and educational institutions (University of California, San Francisco) to well-known global brands (IBM, Samsung, GoPro, HP, Conde Nast, Carl Zeiss, etc.) The number of satisfied customers has been well over 850, some of which can be found on the company's website in the Case Studies section.
- We were the third company to gain a new AWS competence: Applied AI and Machine Learning Operations (MLOps). Less than 15 partners have this competency!
- We have confirmed status in the Database Freedom program (total less than 20 companies in)
- Proven expertise as a Managed Services Provider (total less than 16 companies in). This means that ClearScale can perform a full cycle consultancy and service: from audits, system or software development to the 24/7. You can read more about us on the company page - Managed Services.
Since the very foundation of the company, we work 100% remotely from various cities and countries. We work on a high trust basis within the company, therefore we do not monitor work being done via taking screen captures, webcams or log keyboard typing, as many other companies do. The professional reputation of our employees is of the highest value.
About the role
ClearScale is looking for an individual who performs a Machine Learning Developer or Data Scientist role. The successful candidate should demonstrate the ability to build, train, tune, and deploy machine learning (ML) models using the AWS Cloud.
About the project
ClearScale is running various projects closely related to Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Internet Of Things.
One of the projects is aiming at creation of valuable insights and forecasts for stock market investors and traders based on companies fundamentals, contracts data, news feed sentiment. It requires strong expertize in neural networks, NLP and various ML algorithms.
Others include recommendation engines for e-commerce companies as well as for public/private educational organizations.
These projects either startups started from the scratch either bring completely new techniques to the mature businesses.
- Select and justify the appropriate ML approach for a given business problem
- Identify appropriate AWS services to implement ML solutions
- Design and implement scalable, cost-optimized, reliable, and secure ML solutions
- The ability to express the intuition behind basic ML algorithms
- Experience with ML and deep learning frameworks
- Create data repositories for machine learning
- Identify and implement a data-ingestion solution
- Identify and implement a data-transformation solution
- Sanitize and prepare data for modeling
- Perform feature engineering (missing and unbalanced data, outliers)
- Analyze and visualize data for machine learning
- Train machine learning models
- Perform model tuning (learning rate, regularization techniques), hyperparameter optimization
- Evaluate machine learning models
- Apply basic AWS security practices to machine learning solutions
- Deploy and operationalize machine learning solutions
- Specialty, Masters or Ph.D. in the related field
- Hands-on experience in the practical applications of Probability and Statistics, Linear Algebra, Calculus to the field of Machine Learning
- Hands-on experience working with time series, trends, and seasonality
- Advanced knowledge of ANSI SQL (ability to write advanced analytical queries)
- 5+ years of experience in Machine Learning applications (classical and deep learning models, ensemble learning)
- 5+ years of experience in Python ML frameworks (NumPy, SciPy, scikit_learn, Pandas, Jupyter, Matplotlib)
- 2+ years of experience working with the general AWS infrastructure
Would be a plus
- In-depth knowledge in one or more Machine Learning areas: Deep Learning, NLP, Recommender Systems, Reinforcement Learning
- In-depth knowledge of Tensorflow/Keras
- In-depth knowledge of AWS SageMaker and one or more of the following related algorithms: Linear Learner, XGBoost, Seq2Seq, DeepAR, BlazingText, Object2Vec, Object Detection, Image Classification, Semantic Segmentation, Random Cut Forest, Neural Topic Model, Latent Dirichlet Allocation, K-Nearest-Neighbors, K-Means, Principal Component Analysis, Factorization Machines, IP Insights, Reinforcement Learning, Automated Model Tuning
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Internet of Things
- In-depth knowledge of one or more of the following AWS technologies: S3, Kinesis, Glue, Redshift, RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Data Pipeline, Batch, DMS, Step Functions, Athena, QuickSight, EMR, SageMaker, Ground Truth, Comprehend, Translate, Transcribe, Polly, Rekognition, Forecast, Lex, Personalize, Textract, DeepRacer, DeepLens, IoT
- Hands-on experience with ElasticSearch
- Hands-on experience with Apache Spark MLLib (Zeppelin)
- Hands-on experience with OpenCV
- Hands-on experience with advanced Python data frameworks (Seaborn, PyTorch, Dask)
Valid AWS certificates would be a great plus (not a must):
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – (Associate / Professional)
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – (Professional)
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – (Associate)
- AWS Certified Developer – (Associate)
What we offer
# 1 Fair wage
- Fixed hourly rate in USD
- Full-time, 40 hours per week contract. It’s your main and permanent place of work, not a freelance job
- Payments every 2 weeks
- Annual Hourly Rate Review: received client's appreciation, obtained an AWS certificate, saved the world?The reward is based on facts, not on a personal attitude
- Reference program: many engineers joined the team by the recommendation from their friends and former colleagues and we have a reward for this.
# 2 Independence
- from the office location or office conditions because it's only up to you where you want to work from - home, office, co-working or outdoors in the woods. The only requirement - fast and reliable internet. At the same time, our engineers do not work evenings or weekends: we focus on your local timezone
- from any annoyance or big team buzz - we are the community of professional engineers, valuing each others' time and effort
- from corruption and bureaucracy - we operate in an honest and competitive environment and we are one of the AWS's top 10 key partners.
# 3 Professional Development
- Work with innovative Silicon Valley companies and traditional American companies at the cutting edge of digital transformation
- We work with the newest technologies in AWS cloud and open-source tools, Jira, Confluence, Lucidchart, Slack
- Constant practice at writing and speaking in English
- The team which is willing to share its experience
- Paid AWS certification: we provide training material, paid time off and examination itself
- Horizontal and vertical career growth - are you ready to be greater, faster, stronger? We keep growing and people keep growing with us
- A nice bonus if you accept our offer quickly
Иногда письма на почте теряются, а сотрудники могут пропустить ваш звонок из-за совещания. Вы можете связаться с работодателем напрямую по указанным контактам, но мы рекомендуем еще отправить отклик на сайте